Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Short long road trip

We just got home from our latest OB visit, amoung other things. To start the trip off properly, I had to be in Presidio for a meeting at 9 am, so Eric and Sam went with me. I was tired, couldn't sleep the night before. The meeting was stressful, but I believe it had a good outcome. Perhaps it was a little too stressful, because combined with being tired, I got sick. I dropped Sam and Eric off at Fort Leaton, a state historic site to wait for me, and Eric had the brainstorm that we stay the night at Balmorhea state park instead of our usual motel in Odessa. I thought that was neat, because they have a natural spring-fed swimming pool, complete with fish and turtles. We left Presidio and headed up through Marfa and Alpine on our way to Midland. Eric had to pull the van over a few times for me to get sick, so we detoured to our family doctor in Alpine, where I got a shot of phenergren (please don't ask for a correct spelling) to stop the naseau and allow me to make it to Midland. We did stay the night at Balmorhea, where Sam fell in love with all the fish filled canals and the pool. I was feeling much better by then.

Today we picked up the one large baby related item we had decided to purchase. It is a dresser/changing table that must be seen to be understood. http://www.babysdream.com/catalog/changing_table.htm
We haven't decided if it will house Sam's clothes or #2's clothes. It will house the diapering supplies, at least while it is a changing table.

It is official, I am now going to the OB every week. Everything looks favorable for inducing at 39 weeks, I am currently 36 weeks. I've gained 1 lb in 2 weeks, which is right on target, and all my measurements look great. I am healthy, and so is #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment