Thursday, April 14, 2005

Home with Sam and the Flu

Pedialyte pops aren't quite the bomb. Sam doesn't like to hold them, as they make his hands cold, and they aren't a substitute for his favorite apple juice popsicles, which he can't have. I put some pedialyte into his popsicle mold, so hopefully tomorrow he'll eat those. Also the pedia-pops taste terrible as they start to melt, and they make a colorful mess. So I guess I give them mixed reviews. He'll eat them, but with lots of tantrums and drama, and he doesn't understand how to push the ice stick up from the bottom. (they are just like those freezer pops in the plastic sleeves) I've found myself having to finish his pedia-pop off when he decides he's done with it, and it really does taste worse than gatorade. Blech. My nephew Kyle tells me that he would be thrilled to be on a doctor prescribed diet of Gatorade, and would drink it all day if allowed and it weren't bad for a normally healthy person to be drinking. Also he reassured me that the lemon lime powdered Gatorade is much better than that nasty blue stuff I bought yesterday. Thanks Kyle! Mom suggested I put some in a blender with ice and pretend it's a margarita.

Sam has actually eaten a little bit more today than in days past. He ate a little applesauce for breakfast, a little mexi-rice at lunch, and some spagetti-o's for dinner. Not much, but hey, it's more food than he's eaten in days, so I'm hopeful that he's on the road to being back in good health.

I've only had a couple of contractions today, so that's a good thing. I've been drinking as much as I can keep down, watering down the gatorade to make it taste better, with lots of ice. The more I can drink, the better I will get. This being stuck at home think sucks. If I'm going to be forced to stay home, I want to do something fun, not lay around on the couch or in the lounge chair and watch Aladdin and 101 Dalmations repeatedly with Sam. I'd love to go for a walk, but that's not permitted yet. Besides, we don't need to be spreading our plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment