Sunday, April 24, 2005

Saturday Showers

It rained yesterday and we attended a baby shower/potluck last night. Sam took a 4 hour nap and woke up in time to get dressed for the party. We were out really late, and Sam was the last child standing at 11:00. So of course he got up at 7:30 this morning. The baby shower was for a friend due the same time I am, or a week later. Babies are popping up everywhere around here. There are 3 due in May here, one in maybe October or November, and a couple others that have yet to be announced. Definitely something in the water down here. There have been 2 babies already born this year that I know of. This is just the park, not counting Terligua or Study Butte.

Sam liked the campfire lit at the party last night. He also liked the sparklers that were passed out. It was really a lot of fun. I remember sparklers burning my hands, but these didn't seem to get as hot as the ones I remember as a kid. I haven't held a sparkler since I was probably in elementary school and fireworks were still legal in Bothell. Sam didn't get to hold a sparkler, but didn't throw a tantrum about it, so probably didn't want to.

As far as the baby count down goes, I'm just past the 8 month mark, and today marks week 36. That means four weeks to the due date and three weeks until the possible induction date. This is all an estimate of course, and full term is considered to be 38 to 42 weeks. I don't believe the OB will let me go past week 40 for simple distance drivings sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment