Sunday, April 03, 2005

I'm Home!

I was in Austin for the state SLP convention. I learned lots. Me know teech language speech gooder. Now that I'm home I get to see for myself how lovely the orange pipes across the ceiling are. How festive! Maybe I should hang balloons. They put the sprinklers everywhere but in the bathrooms. And I do mean everywhere, including the closets. Now if I'm going to light a candle and forget it, chances are that candle will be in the bathroom. Honestly I don't put candles in any room at the moment because Sam is as attracted to the flame as a moth.

Speaking of Sam, he's down for a nap, cute as can be. We've taken away his pacifier because he had some sores around his mouth last week from excess snot and drool, and the pacifier was making it worse. So we're officially working on pacifier detox program. On the upside, Lily never gives him one when she's watching him, and he goes down for a nap on a regular bed just fine at her house, so it isn't quite the battle it might have been. Eric said while I was gone he's resorted to it only twice, both times were middle of the night wakenings. Since I don't expect Sam to go cold turkey, I can fully understand the occasional use. We've also purchased a couple of Sam-related books that are interesting. One is called Siblings Without Rivalry, and the others are related to potty training. The Ernie potty book is cute, but Sam doesn't seem to pay it much attention. The other potty book is for Eric and I. It discusses potty training at different ages and stages, advantages, disadvantages, setbacks, etc. It is a very reassuring book with lots of helpful advice, and no criticism that we're going to permanently scar our son. As I've only just started reading Siblings Without Rivalry, I can't tell you much about it, except that it has potential and is a good read. If you've ever had problems with either your siblings, your parents, or your children, so far I'd recommend it.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Be glad that I was gone over April 1st, as I would have been forced to post something related on this blog. Also congrats to my sister Debbie on her new blog. Jumping on the Blog-wagon is kind of fun, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment