Thursday, April 21, 2005

Great visit concluded

Monday my Grandmother, Aunt Carol Ann and Uncle Bill came for a visit. They left this morning just after I left for work. We had a fantastic visit. It was way too short. They've headed back to California, via Guadalupe Mountains and Carlsbad Caverns. They've stopped at several National Parks on this trip. We took them to Santa Elena Canyon and stopped at a few of the little pullouts and walks on the way. We also went up to the Chisos Basin and walked around, ate dinner. While I knew they were planning on driving out this direction, I honestly didn't know when, and I was very surprised to get the phone call saying they were only a few hours away. We took pictures, and of course I will post some of them.

Today I went back to work. Need to haggle over my contract for next year. They sent me a full time contract to sign, needing it back immediately, so I had to call and let them know I wasn't signing a contract until it was modified to reflect the part-time status I'm willing to work. First I was told to just sign it and send it in, then someone realized what it really said, and I was told not to sign it, as it would mean I'd agree to work full time. Gee, really? So hopefully I get the right contract tomorrow so I can mail it in and get to the district superintendant on time.

Eric said that Sam didn't like going back to daycare for the first time in what is really two weeks. He pitched some great morning tantrums. He was also really happy to see us this evening. Eric got off a little late from work because he was out on a search and rescue. He said it wasn't really a search, as the person needing assistance wasn't lost, just injured, so Eric helped man a stretcher to carry someone out of the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment