Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Off to Alpine

Today we're just going out and about. We're running low on diapers,and no matter how far I try to stretch them out by using cloth, I still need them at night and for travel. Besides, Awyn has just about grown out of the covers that Melinda gave me, so I'm going to have to get some new ones. Sam doesn't quite fit his cloth diapers either, but they don't make them any bigger than I can find, so I guess we just need to work harder on potty training. He pooped in the toilet again, but suddenly isn't interested in going potty. When we ask, he says no, and if we pick him up and take him because we know he's going, he throws a tantrum. We don't want to force the issue. Actually last time he pooped in the potty, I had him sitting on the big potty. He said/signed all done, I asked him if he still needed to pee, he said no, so he got himself all wiped up. He flushed, then washed hands, and ran off before I could put another diaper on him. While I was getting the new diaper, I heard an UH OH from the study. Sam was standing on the green rocker peeing on it. Sigh. At least he signed potty while doing it. For those grandparents with sergers, a bunch of little cloth squares for cloth wipes would make great gifts... I'm thinking flannel or terry cloth. I guess absorbancy doesn't matter. Yes, I have lots of baby wash cloths. I don't want to use too many of them on their butts, because then I won't use them in the bath. I have some large hemp wipes, but they are a little rough on a tender tush.

No comments:

Post a Comment