Saturday, August 06, 2005

Last of the Vacation Pictures

Here are three pictures from Fort Union in New Mexico. We also stopped at Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains, but we didn't take any pictures. We didn't actually go into the caves, and we started to get in a hurry at Guadalupe. We arrived home around 5 pm on Tuesday and Eric didn't have to work until the afternoon on Wednesday, so we were able to get unpacked, mostly. I do have a picture I want to post that isn't part of the trip, but I still need to download the camera.

I start back to work next week, on Thursday. My normal days should be Wednesday and Thursday, but until school starts, I doubt it will be a very regular schedule. At this point I will not have a company car and I will be driving 4 hours/day, both days to Presidio. That means roughly a 12 hour day starting very early. While I'm looking forward to seeing all the kids, I'm going to miss my own very much. I don't like the commute at all. I've promised to give it a try, but I've been told I can be released from my contract with very little trouble. I have applied for a job here in the park as a visitor use assistant, collecting entrance fees. I know there is a lot of competition for the position, so I'm not counting on it until it's offered to me. I think I'd enjoy it, as I loved working with all the visitors at my previous parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment