Thursday, August 11, 2005

Back to Work

Today was my first day back at work. I really missed my babies. This is going to be rougher than I expected. My hourse are going to be long. As I was expecting, I didn't get my local schools, and am scheduled to drive to Presidio twice a week, in my own vehicle. This means 400 miles a week, 8 hours of driving, and working roughly 20-26 hours/week in two days. And I won't get overtime or comp time for my driving hours. As gas is around $2.50/gallon in the park, and I think I get 28 cents per mile, this isn't a good deal. Eric says he gives them 2 months to come up with a company car for me, but somehow I doubt that will happen. I do have the option to sign up as a substitute teacher in Terlingua and San Vicente (the school here in the park) and I may go ahead and do that. Then there's the part of me that wants to get to work with the kids, a fresh start to a new year, and maybe even some real organization! As I was looking at my caseload for the year, reviewing folders and files, I find myself wanting the challenge. If only it weren't such a commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment