Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Whew!

As we are still working on recovering all our old files, many of them lost forever, I thought I'd better put a post on my blog. Our computer died an ugly death right before Christmas, a couple of days after I posted about Santa. We are also in the process of changing our ISP. This means a new e-mail address. As for it being ugly, the old computer took with it most of our files. And the backup files are turning out to be corrupt or unusable. This inludes our e-mail address book, our ENTIRE digital photo gallery, meaning everything after the end of May is gone. We backed up our photos the last time the computer crashed and was revived. However, the last computer fit proved fatal. I am typing this from a nice brand new computer, very thankful that the price of mid-range computers has fallen so much, and hopeful of receiving a nice large income tax refund with which to pay for it with. Also very happy that Dell was running a fantastic Christmas special, so we got the flat panel monitor and printer for free, and a free upgrade to 2 day shipping. We did move the computer out of our bedroom, and that meant waiting for the park's electrician to put a phone line into another room. He just did that today. I do have Christmas pictures to post, as I hadn't wiped the camera yet after downloading it the last time, and we have a large memory card in the camera, so we took lots of pictures.

Awyn is starting to crawl, Sam is no longer taking naps unless he falls asleep in the car and we leave him there. Tasha is now 11 years old, and feeling her age.

I will be posting pictures shortly, just as soon as I round a few up to post. Also, I think I have to download the software to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment