Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Off the Road Again

Today we drove the river road, starting on the Glenn Springs road, turning east on the river road, and all the way west to Castalon. It was a great drive, took about 4 hours, I think. I'll post the couple of pictures we took later, as it's late, I want to go to bed, and I still need to get a grocery list made up for tomorrow. We're headed up to Midland to take one of the SCA's to the airport, get Awyn her second flu shot, do some shopping, and head home.

I need to change the oil in the jeep. This means I have to go buy oil. We don't have a manual, so I don't know what kind of anything to buy. So I'm adding to my birthday list of things I want. I want a repair manual for a 1998 jeep wrangler, 4 cylinder/4WD/manual transmission. I can always take it to a friend to change the oil, but I think somehow I should be able to do this myself. I've been taught how to do it, but it's been many years. (For some reason, dads who change their own oil insist their offspring learn basic car stuff, like changing oil or tires when teaching offspring to drive) Now I think an oil change is a nice easy way to start basic car care on my own, and the jeep is nicely off the ground for me, no jacks required. (gotta love high clearance off road vehicles!) So, basic question is what kind of oil and filter do I buy, and how much? Poor jeep needs it desperately, as it's been nearly a year since the last change.

No comments:

Post a Comment