Sunday, January 22, 2006

Craft Day Project

I hosted Craft Day on Friday, and we made Big Bend snow globes. The dinosaurs were a little big for the baby food jars, so I had to cut off the tails. I made my sample snow globe using those tails and called it a 'tailings pile' globe. I think the kids liked the finished project, but it was one of those projects with limited kid work, mostly moms doing the craft. The hot glue hasn't really held tight, so all the dinosaurs are coming off the lids already. So I guess the lesson is that we could have just let the kids put the dinos loose in the jar, add glitter, water, let mom glue the lid, and presto. Originally I thought we should glue rocks onto the lids, but it was a little boring, so I added dinos, then the rocks weren't glueable. (is that a word?) Sam and Awyn like the globes I made, even if the dinosaurs don't stay glued. At least they don't float. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment