Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday

Today is Monday. Most people equate Monday with going back to work or school. Complaining and abusing Monday is a favorite national pastime, as we grumble that the weekend was too short. As a stay-at-home-mom, Monday means something different to me. It means I'll have help around the house, I'll have help watching the kids. Or it means that we get to go hiking or camping or even shopping, provided there is any money in the bank to do so. Eric calls Monday Saturday, as it's the first of his two days off. He has worked nearly every weekend for the past 10 years, and we don't expect that to change any year soon. I'm sure if he put up a fuss, he could get Sunday off, but as I don't have a job that gives me weekends off, it really doesn't matter what his schedule is, and besides, he's a gov't employee, so he gets extra pay for working on Sundays. It amounts to about $80/pay period. So I guess we welcome Mondays around here.

We aren't sure what we are going to do today. There is a volunteer potluck this evening, if I get off my duff and make something for it. I want to call Sears and set up a photo appt. but Eric, Sam and myself are low on nice photo quality clothing. Actually, I think I could drum something up for myself, as I have a closetful of work clothes that can work as somewhat dressy. Eric has I think a pair or two of acceptable pants, and should even have a dress shirt or two. Sam is the one who truly has nothing to wear. As we are going to have to charge the photos, I guess we could always go pick up an outfit for him right before the photo. Hmmm.

I also need to go down to Lily's and take her Awyn's carseat. I've filled it with tubs of formula that I've been sent by formula manufacturers. I might bake something to add to it for her to munch on. Her little boy is really cute, so it's always fun to have an excuse to visit. He's got a full head of hair already, and really large brown eyes. I also need to spend time in the kid's room, cleaning out Awyn's drawers, removing the last of the 3-6 month outfits and putting them away for someone else. Romney would like me to hold onto the girl stuff just in case she has a girl. She's due right around Awyn's birthday, so the seasons would be the same on the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment