Friday, November 11, 2005

A Couple of Long Days

Yesterday I baked pumpkin, finished doing laundry, and watched two kids. In an effort to make the outside part of these chores go a little easier, I decided to put Awyn in a stroller and wheel her around the backyard. It lets her keep her eye on me and I can keep her in the shade while I hang laundry on the line. After I finished with laundry, I had to take the baskets in the house and Awyn too. I didn't put the stroller away in the garage, thinking that if a miracle happened and it rained, it might help clean it a little. (A mouse took a liking to it a while back) As I was also fixing dinner at the same time, I took Awyn and the last load inside, turned off the burner, and got distracted. Sam was happily playing in the backyard. When he started screaming, I ran outside to find him covered in blood. He'd turned over the stroller, probably by standing in or on it, fallen and hit his head on a very sharp rock. He's got a nice little goose egg and a 2-3 inch cut on his scalp, and a bit of a headache. Otherwise he's fine. We got blood everywhere.

Sam got us up around 5:30 this morning, Awyn joined us at 6:00. Today I baked a couple of pumpkin pies. I took one to Lily, who got home last night with her new baby. We ate part of the other and I dicovered that the crust was raw on the bottom. I was following two different recipes and using a frozen pie crust. I should have pre-baked the crust. Oops. I also cleaned out the van this afternoon, and switched Awyn to the convertable car seat. Now we don't have a seat ready for Sam in the jeep. We'll miss that convenience, but extra car seats are out of the budget. Maybe once Sam's ready for booster seats we'll buy one of them. I think Awyn is teething, although her gums aren't swollen. She sure is being a beast, and she's acting like she's teething, so I'll just call it teething. She does like to chew on teething toys.

Eric's parents should be home soon. I think they were spending two days stuck in November 11th flying back from China. Welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment