Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What a Day!

First I want to repeat that we have a new niece. Ella Eloisa Leonard was born at 9:07 am weighing 8 lbs 7 oz and was around 20 inches long. (Thank you Dan and Joyce for the e-mail, Chad didn't think he'd been told all the stats when he called me). Chad and Debbie and Cole are proud as can be.

As I mention a little further down in my blog, Sam, Awyn and I went to a brunch today. As I was getting ready to leave, everyone was admiring my Mei Tai carrier, and I lost track of Sam. He'd been trying to escape outside several times, and I'd been running and bringing him back in. Well, while I was showing off the baby carrier, Sam slipped out unnoticed. I looked around for him, he wasn't in the house or the backyard, so I headed outside, leaving Awyn with some of the ladies. Sam had managed to slip past all the mommies outside getting ready to go as well. Offhandedly, one of them said they thought maybe he'd just headed home. I started to take off to go hunt him down, as the house we were at was at the bottom of the hill, we live at the top, and the street winds around a bit, and there's no guarantee that a two year old is going to stay on the street. Luckily, before I made it out of the driveway, our friend Sharon pulled up with Sam in the front seat of her pickup. He'd made it as far as the apartments, and she said he hopped right in with her, and said, "Drive!"

Once my heart started beating again, I packed up the kids and went home. This incident was followed by the aforementioned Desiten attack, as well as finger painting Awyn's head with Aquaphor when I started to fall asleep while she was napping between my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment