Sunday, June 12, 2005

Bucket

Sam has a new word. He says, "bucket". Bucket is a universal word with no obvious meaning. Sometimes this can be exchanged for the pocket, but he seems to prefer bucket. He thinks he has made up his own word, and we don't think he knows it has an english meaning already assigned to it. You may, if you are lucky or special, be told, firmly, BUCKET when talking to Sam on the phone. At first I was worried that Sam was really repeating naughty words, but as that isn't a phrase either Eric or I use, Eric pointed out that it was an unlikely source.

In other Sam news, he's become an anti-morning child lately. He gets up and whines and cries for an hour or two, begging for a movie or just generally being a turkey. He gets better after his noon nap. Yesterday I took both kids to a birthday party. Eric had to work and couldn't get anyone to cover the front dest for him, so I was on my own. Sam was a model child walking from the van to the house, and again when it was time to leave, he came right over to me and held my hand and pulled me to the van. During the party he managed to be only mildly crazy and luckily there were enough other adults there that someone could hold Awyn while I chased Sam. They had a cat who wasn't shy so Sam was in heaven as well as a giant fruit bowl that he snacked on for quite a while. Sam loves watermelon. We quit giving it to him last summer after a series of truly terrible diaper rashes. We left the party before it was officially over because it was Sam's nap time. Awyn slept through the entire party. Somebody took pictures of her with the other newborn, so I'll have to post one after they send me a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment