Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Now what was I supposed to write about?

Eric wanted me to post something to my blog, but I can't even begin to think of what it was. I do recall that he was amused by the idea. Maybe he'll see this and call me and I can fix it.

I baked some bread today, and one loaf is already gone. The kids loved it; Sam wanted peanut butter sandwiches and Awyn just wanted bread. I had to go rescue my other loaf as they got to it and started to maul it, and it needs to sit out for a while longer or it will go soggy if I put it into plastic. I finally understand why army bread bakers used to proof the bread for 24 hours before giving it out. You just can't really slice it very well if it's too fresh.

We've been placing our last minute orders, and it looks like many of them won't arrive by Christmas, even the ones that advertised they would decided that they can't make it afterall, like anything from Amazon.com. They advertise that there are still two days left for free supersaver shipping, and 5 days left for paid shipping, but then upon checkout they change their minds and want us to pay for 2 day shipping. I guess I'm too cheap, so if your order was supposed to ship this way, then you'll just get it late. I did pay for regular shipping, the 3-5 day version.

I also am ordering from some charitable organizations, and those of you who are receiving charitable donations or goods will also be getting late presents because we should have ordered those a month ago, and I made a mistake in placing my heifer international order over the phone; if I'd ordered online I could have at least e-mailed the card on time, and printed out a card to mail you with your Christmas card.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip, it helped! Those are some fun e-cards! I'll look into the blograising program.

    ReplyDelete