Friday, October 21, 2005

Thrush

For those of you who have suffered through this one, you don't need any further explanation; you know of what I speak. I mean type. Whatever. For the last few weeks I've been thinking to myself, self, I think Awyn has thrush. I think I have thrush. Only Awyn never seemed to have the white spots anywhere in her mouth. I have sores on my poor nipples, but Awyn just seemed really fussy and I put it down to being easily distracted. Today, however, I finally saw the white spots under her front lip, confirming the worst. I called her pediatrician, and he called in a prescription. Hopefully the pharmacy got it in the mail in time and it might be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Here's hoping it works. This is a first for me, as Sam never got it. Any advice will be appreciated. At least Awyn is still nursing; she's just not eating enough at one sitting and wants lots of small meals.

We are still having sleep problems with Sam. He's not going down without a fight. I mean a major fight. Last night he didn't fall asleep until after eleven pm. His nap was a good one, not too long, not too short. Today I had to resort to just shutting his door and leaving him in his room alone to cry, play, etc. He fell asleep beside his bed eventually. Wednesday he played in his room and fell asleep against the door, one little hand poking underneath it. I had been laying in his bed with him, but that is no longer working. Now he just wants to pull my hair out and play. I've been trying to put him to bed tonight for 45 minutes so far, and he's getting out of bed every ten minutes or so. I'm going to have to close the door again and let him cry, and it breaks my heart. I never had to do that when he was a baby, I had him putting himself to sleep, singing his own little songs in the crib until he nodded off. I sure miss that.

Today Eric and I drove out towards Castalon and stopped athe the tuff formations for some pictures Eric needed for his upcoming park newspaper. I'll check to see what he downloaded and once Sam's alseep I'll add them. Tonight Eric is giving an evening program in the Basin. Awyn needs a bath but is asleep, and probably down for the night by now, and I'll have to delay her bath until tomorrow. I also need to wash diapers. I'm stuck using disposables until I catch up on laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment