Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Today started out a little lazy, but we managed to get lots of things done around the house. In fact, it felt lazy right up until 4 pm, when we needed to start getting ready to go trick-or-treating. I made popcorn balls to hand out to the kids, and gave them to another family that was staying home to hand out for me. I took a few of them with us, as we were stopping at Sam's friend Caelin's house to meet up and go as a group. I think we started out with seven kids and several adults. Bernadette made some pasole for us to eat afterward, as we wrapped up the door to door business by around 7. Sam and Awyn enjoyed the evening, making their debuts as Dash and Princess Leia. Both were much admired. Sam has lots of candy. I have to admit I wasn't really collecting for Awyn, but she did have her own pillowcase, and I did put some candy in it. I decided to follow the family tradition of using pillowcases to gather candy in, as it always worked out well for me as a child. Grandma Kathi made some nice pillowcases with the kid's names embroidered on them, so we grabbed them. Sam rode his trike (with daddy pushing) and Awyn was propped up in our wagon and pulled around in style. She was awake for about half the walking around, but had to give in to that urge to nap in her nicely padded nest just as the sun went down. I hope you all had a good Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment