Saturday, October 15, 2005

Awyn wears a lot of Pink

I was reading prior blog posts, as well as starting to dig through her drawers, and it seems that my little princess is PINK. Most of you know my dislike of the color, despite it looking very well on me. I guess it's because it's a gender bias kind of thing that I don't like it. However, my daughter seems to have a mostly PINK wardrobe. It looks great on her too. I have to admit, I haven't bought any of her clothes yet, these are all given to me by other people, most of it second hand and given to them as well. I've been on the lookout for a nice Christmas outfit for both kids, and maybe Eric and I as well. The choices? PINK or red and black velvet or red and black plaid. So I guess I'll have to go through wardrobes, see what Awyn already has, and base the rest of us on her. I think Eric and I can come up with clothing that we already own, but Sam will need something new, as he really doesn't have any nice clothes that still fit. He has 3 pairs of jeans (2T and therefore a little small) and a pair of green canvas, and a pair of sweats. I don't think it will be getting above 70 for a few months, so I suppose we need to expand his wardrobe.

What a mundane topic. I guess Saturday is a mundane kind of day this week. Eric told me yesterday that one of the part-time intermittant VUA's just quit, but he doesn't know if they'll re-use old applications to fill it or throw it open again. I met the girl who got the last open position Thursday night at a going away dinner. Sally and her family are leaving us. I'm sad, because her little boy wasn't that much older than Sam, and they played together really well. Sally is a great person, and I'm going to miss having a friend nearby. Her husband and mine seemed to get along, they had lots in common. It's hard saying goodbye, but out here, transfers happen, especially to the law enforcement. I should say Resource Protection. (They're a little touchy about that.) There was another going away party that same day for another LE ranger, so they've got at least two open positions again. Anyone want to go to FLETSE? (I'm sure I messed up the acronym.)

Sam's down for a nap. In a little while I'm going to go open his door and start being loud. We've been having an awful time with sleep lately. He's trying to give up naps. But he needs them, as he gets so very cranky in the afternoon. He's also become nearly impossible to put to bed. What happened to my sweet little boy who could fall asleep with anything going on outside his door? Last night it took over THREE HOURS to get him to bed. He kept getting up. I'd lay there with him, he'd start pulling my hair out, as if that needed help, or he'd climb on me and start neighing, go horsie. Or he'd just dive out of bed. Or he'd go play with legos, then wander out of the bedroom. He threw many tantrums. I think we need to re-examine his entire pre-bedtime routine. I also need to re-read No Cry Sleep Solution. It worked twice before, maybe it will have answers for what to do about a boy who's TWO. I don't remember what it says, because I'm so sleep deprived myself. The next person to ask if Awyn is sleeping through the night is going to get their head bitten off. Of course she's not! No, not even close. And with Sam not falling asleep until 11 PM or later, she starts getting up every hour or so at 1am. So sleep is bad. bad. bad.

This is a very long post. If you've read this far, please leave a comment. Thank you. Even better, call me and give me your Swiss bank account number... I mean, just keep in touch.

2 comments:

  1. unfortunatly we transfered all our ill gotten gains from our swiss account to one in the caymen islands. I hear you on the sleep thing. getting cole to bed is quite a routine. everynight he tries to add more books to the amount we have agreed upon. usually 4 or 5 books. some nights we have screaming matches and some nights he goes down easy. We start at 7:30 pm and usually down by 8:30 pm. he does rise on his own at 6:30 or so. Ella's feedings are 11 pm 3 am 6 am and each feeding takes an hour unless I break down an use expressed milk with a bottle. her mouth is slowly getting bigger so some of the pain has died down, only some. give us a call or when my cell phone gets charged I will give you a call.
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the phone call from Chad. Sorry if I was distracted. I'm sure you can relate. Hope you had a good day at the park.

    ReplyDelete