Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Latest OB appointment

It's official, we have an induction date. More about that later.

For Mother's Day we decided to take off for our doctor's appointment a day early. Our AC broke Friday evening and I've been miserable at night without it, so Eric decided that we'd just go up to Balmorhea State Park and spend two nights. It was a great trip. Sam loves all that agua, and couldn't get enough swimming in. He and daddy threw lots of ice in the canals, and he watched lots of fish. The room was so cool that we didn't need to turn on the AC, but what matters was that it wasn't as hot and stuffy or as bug filled when we opened the windows for air. It was a great Mother's day.

As for the doctor's appointment, after I was examined Dr. Locke recommended induction next week and it looks like May 17th is the big day. I don't think I'll be any earlier, but you never know. I am dilated and effaced, and not going into tons of details about it here. For those of you who have had babies, you should know from experience that many women can walk around for WEEKS or even a month dilated and effaced, especially when it isn't the first baby. The doctor said I was exactly where he expected me to be with everything and seemed satisfied.

We'll be counting down the week, and I'm sure it will pass very quickly. On Friday I'll be headed up to Midland to pick up my mother. My friend Sally has agreed to drive up with me so I will have a chaperone. Sam will most likely stay with Lily for the day so I can spare him a long car ride. I need to get some more sewing done, and some house cleaning, and if I don't clean out the van there won't be anywhere for us to ride. Too much junk has grown and bred and had it's own babies in there from all the trips we've been making lately.

1 comment:

  1. I never did explain that I was suddenly suffering from pre-eclampsia and it was either induce or drive to the doctor every day to be monitored.

    ReplyDelete