Sunday, March 23, 2008

Paper or Plastic?

I went to the store today to pick up some last minute Easter and birthday supplies. I forgot to take my cloth grocery bags. No problem, as I needed a few more anyway, I thought. Walmart even had them at the end of the aisle for a dollar each. I picked up about four of them, as that's about how much I had in the cart. I don't shop at that store very often, so these were a different color and design from my other bags, black with only a tiny tag saying Walmart. I figured they'd do just fine.

So I go to the checkout counter. I put the bags on the counter first, so she can use them straight off. Well, she rings them up, and then sets them on top of the plastic bag turntable, and starts to ring up a few other things, putting a pair of shorts for Sam on top of the bags, and then starts to put things into a plastic bag. I couldn't help it, I said, "you know, you can put things INTO the cloth bags - that's why I'm buying them." So she gives me a non-commital grunt, and puts a few things into ONE of the bags, and sure enough, she put the other three into their own plastic bag. I swear, she put about two items in each plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment