Thursday, March 13, 2008

Being Awyn


My daughter is sometimes a complicated personality. This is an understatement.

Awyn's latest thing is to try to pee standing up, like a boy. Her brother can do it. Her daddy can do it. Why can't she? About a month ago we were outside in the backyard when she declared she needed to pee. I told her she could squat outside, or go in the house. She declared with a footstamp that set her curls bouncing that she was going to pee standing up. Smirking, Eric and I told her to go right ahead and try. It was late enough in the evening that we could simply strip her clothes off and toss her in the bath, an event that was rapidly approaching whether she peed on herself or not.

Would you believe she simply arched her back and peed straight out, like a boy, and didn't get a drop on herself?

Being Awyn, she then decided she can always pee standing up. It took me a little over a week to figure out what all of her accidents were all about. I kept finding her wearing a different pair of panties, or naked from the waist down, and a saturated pile of clothing in front of the toilet. At first I thought she wasn't sitting right on the toilet. It didn't occur to me that she was trying to stand up to pee. Well, she is, and she's not at all discouraged by the piles of wet panties she's currently going through. I'm getting a little tired of the extra laundry though, and washing the bath mats all the time.

She also wants to pee on a cactus. Part of me wants to let her try. I'll be standing by with the tweezers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment