Sunday, December 04, 2005

Yet More Christmas Wishes...

I was talking to various family members today, and as we were being asked what we want for Christmas, I realized I don't have a very good list so far. The kids love toys and clothes, Sam will love anything with trucks, dogs, bugs, etc on it. Oh, and I almost forgot. He's taken to playing with the metal horses in his room, and would probably LOVE more of the toy kind. He's got one toy horse as part of a really cool animal set his Grandma Joyce got him last year, and he plays with the cows, goats, pig and horse all the time, making the noises and everything. My brother Gus asked about movies. Wow. We do have a lot of movies, but not a lot of kid friendly movies, and there are a few movies coming out that I really want to own as well. So this post is aimed at my siblings who have us. Kassandra has offered to overnight a kitten, if we'd like one. I'm not sure UPS would be that happy about shipping a cat, but hey, if you get it out here, I guess we'd have to keep it!

Movies on our wish list:
Serenity (based on the Firefly series, sci-fi for us, not Sam)
Shrek 2

I'm sure there are others. Of the recent releases, we already have Star Wars Episode III, as we just had to have it the last time we were in town. We've been getting Battlestar Galactica from Netflix.

Here's a short list of what we already have of the kid friendly variety, and I seriously think you should just call and ask because I'm typing this from memory. I'll repeat the need for a good scratch repair kit. Sam is getting better about handling the discs, but he's done some bad damage to a few of them. He also goes through VHS tapes faster than we can rewind them. DVDs seem to hold up a little better.
101 Dalmations
Aladdin
Atlantis
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Elmo in Grouchland
Finding Nemo
Incredibles
Lion King
Muppet Show season 1
Muppet Movie
Monsters Inc
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Shrek
Toy Story (We had both, but Sam has seriously damaged TS2)
and the complete collection of the Signing Time videos

While I'd say we aren't really into Disney, as you can see from the list, we do like Disney after all. There are just a few that aren't really very kid friendly. Sam gets scared when things move too fast, get suddenly loud, and is prone to nightmares. He prefers movies with lots of music, singing music, dancing music, and LOVES the Muppet Show right now. If that new Pixar movie about the racecars was out, I bet he'd love it, but I don't think it is. I think Eric and I'd hate it, but Sam would watch it daily. Right now he asks for 'uppits, piggies & kermits' and is convinced that Snoopy is a cow. So he's 2. What did your kids like at 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment