Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Benefit Auction & Trader Joes

last night we went to an auction. Eric donated a book, and I donated a customized baby carrier. Eric's book went for about what we expected, but the Mei Tai didn't get much. The crowd I'd anticipated wasn't there, as I know there are several people here in the park that have been after me to make them carriers too. So one of the fantastic volunteers in the park got a great deal. Eric and I bid on a few things, winning the Day of Babysitting for a steal. I almost bid on the 10 loads of laundry, as I don't like washing diapers. What I really missed out on was the Trader Joe's basket. It went for over $75. As the nearest Trader Joe's is rumored to be in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the bidding went high. I dropped out somewhere around $50, as we have lots of family in the Pacific Northwest with access not only to Trader Joe's, but the USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex with which to mail us goodies. Last year my sister Keri drew my name in the family present lottery, and she got me this enormous box of stuff from Trader Joe's. We ate a little bit from day to day, to try to make it stretch out as much as possible. It sure was delicious! (this is a HUGE Christmas present hint...) We also could use queen size sheets with a high thread count. I keep thinking of things we'd like, but as I don't write them down, well, I don't remember them. I have to get going, as I promised to go help out with craft day at a friends house. I'll put up pictures of the new TV when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment