Sunday, December 21, 2008

Making a Gingerbread house


What you are currently seeing is the backside of the Gingerbread house that the kids made. I helped, but they really did do most of the decorating. This is the first time I think we've attempted this as a family, and the first time I've ever used a kit. It wasn't nearly as fancy as the few that I made with Mom, but then again, I was in high school at the time, and she's very creative. It was kind of nice not to have to bake the gingerbread (although eating the scraps would have been yummy fun), and nice not to have to track down all the different candies I'd want to use, or make the icing, but the downside was that there wasn't really anything fun and snackable for the kids to eat as they made this, or they wouldn't have had enough candy to decorate with.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment