Monday, March 12, 2007

Last Time We Traveled in Style


We're headed back to Washington soon for a visit. Last time we traveled on Amtrak, from Alpine all the way to Seattle. It was a fabulous trip, very relaxing. Unfortunately, Amtrak had a big budget cut, again, and they now charge three times what we paid the last time, making airfare 1/4 the cost of travel by train, even purchasing tickets for all four of us on the plane.

This picture was taken in the lounge car, Sam is entertaining strangers, and I'm watching from a nearby seat. I remember the free food and beverages. It was a hassle-free, stress-free way to travel. Even though we wound up being more than 24 hours late getting in to Seattle, there was nothing to be done but enjoy the hospitality. I would love to do this again someday. Sam two years older now! Awyn hadn't been born yet.

I'm planning a birthday part for Sam before we head North. Then I think I'm going to try to have another in Washington so we can get most of his cousins together. We'll be spending time in Bothell, Port Angeles, and Pullman, with a brief side trip to Whidbey Island. We have a rough schedule outlined, so let me know how you want to be included!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment