Saturday, March 10, 2007

Candyland?


Or is it Handi-land? I know I'm being incredibly insensitive and politically incorrect, but that green gingerbread man has some issues. He's headless and armless, and his feet are a little warped too. We opened this game for the first time, and it did take me about 30 seconds to figure out what was different about the green gingerbread man. They're all ugly - maybe headless is an improvement. Sam didn't pick him to play. Sam put him back in the box. We've been teaching Sam some classic little kids' board games to work on his language skills. I'm pulling all my SLP tricks out of the closet. I'm now seriously regretting having passed up the travel version of this game, which came with Chutes&Ladders printed on the backside and had a nice case - I saw it in a Wal-mart in Dumas AR. Last night we played Chutes&Ladders. I think he had an easier time with Candyland. We'll alternate them. If I run into some used cheap versions, I'll send them down to Lily's so she can work with him too. His therapy time is pretty limited at school, more like monitoring than therapy, really. So we're all working hard on language skills. He's really come a long way - but little sister is right behind him, and nearly catches him. We can't play these games with her yet, so we wait until Awyn has gone to bed or is napping.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment