Saturday, February 11, 2006

Back to Work

I started my new job on Tuesday. I've had to fill out all kinds of paperwork, another background check, and all sorts of training. I've really enjoyed the training. There's so much to know about this park, and every little bit of information helps. Even if I can't remember everything I was taught, I'll still remember who to ask! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to start with the beginning of the two-week training course, just the last 3 days of it. Still, that 3 days included birding, back-country permits, fee collection, interpretation, archeology, plants and plant identification were just a few of the things covered. I didn't go on the river trip, but I could have. I'm just not ready for an overnight away from Awyn, as it just seemed difficult to pump through the night while camping with a bunch of strangers, and I'm certain Awyn would have her father packed off in a straightjacket after an all-nighter of screaming no-sleep.

Awyn and Sam are starting the adjustment of going to Lily's and doing without me from time to time. Awyn refuses to take breastmilk from anything but the direct source. I was able to go nurse her on my lunch hour and keep her fed this week, but next week it's onsite training, and I won't be coming home for lunch. She's just going to have to do it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment