Friday, March 25, 2005

Sam's Birthday

Yesterday was Sam's birthday. He turned two. He's been acting two for about six months now, so no real change there. We didn't do anything special other than opening a couple of presents. The big party is Monday evening, big potluck/no presents/gigantic pinata/lots of cake/candy. If you are in the park, drop by. Sam did get to wear his new shoes, some XW size 8 sandals. The kid has big feet.

I had an OB appointment Tuesday. #2 is doing just fine, as am I. I have officially graduated to the every two week appointment schedule, which really does get a little old, as it is a 4 hour drive to the doctor, and all that happens is that I get weighed, woo hoo, test my blood pressure, and do a urine sample. It takes about 30 minutes in the waiting room, and about 10 minutes for the actual appointment. We usually get a hotel room and spend the night, do some grocery shopping in the 'big city' and go home.

Tuesday we bought Sam a potty chair. My thinking was that he needed to get used to having it in the house, and we could start teaching him the words he needs, or at least the signs. When Eric pulled it out of the box, still in a few pieces, Sam went crazy, signing potty, grabbing himself in a way that would make Michael Jackson proud. Now he even says potty, and wants to sit on it. So I guess I'll need to get some training pants/diapers, and we'll start potty training.

For those of you to whom this is TMI, tough luck. I'm gonna brag about my son going potty. It might be a long road, it might not. There will definitely be some ups and downs, and I promise not to force him, and not to yell or punish him over it. But I'm definitely taking advantage of his interest. Right now his biggest tantrum is that it really isn't very portable, and he wants to take it into the living room with him. Had to go outside and blow bubbles for an hour to settle him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment