Saturday, March 26, 2005

Cleaning Lady

Eric told me to hire some help in cleaning the house. Since Sam's birthday party is Monday and the house is trashed and I can't bend over to pick up the toys, let alone vacuum, I need help. Eric is a little busy at work, and honestly neither of us wants to do serious housecleaning when Sam goes to bed at 8. I haven't mopped in over a month, and I really can't remember the last time I actually saw the carpet in Sam's room or the living room. It is even worse when Sam is trying to help me clean. I pick up the puzzle, pieces and all, put on shelf. Sam picks up all the puzzles, dumps them on the floor, scattering the pieces. Repeat 3 times, as it is funny to hear Mama say, "oof!" everytime she gets down onto the floor to pick up the puzzle. Sam will help to pick up about the first 4 pieces, and after that he throws a tantrum. Anyway, the woman who promised to come help me will be here soon. And I've been able to resist that whole clean the house so she doesn't see it really bad. It's bad, and that's why I need help. In a couple of weeks, work will slow down for both of us, and we'll be able to manage on our own. I'm just glad that we can afford to pay somebody to come in and pick up after us slobs. Can't afford it on a regular basis, but on the occasional HELP MY CARPET ATE THE DOG moments, we can. Especially since Sam is starting to say, "oof!" when he bends over. Or he just says it whenever I move. Sigh. I'm the butt of my 2 year old's jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment