Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big Cannon Boom!


This 30 pounder is so loud that even I was covering my ears. They still were ringing. Normally I make fun of a cannon crew that does the silly duck and cover routine. These guys mostly didn't, but for this cannon, I don't blame them. In fact, the hand with which I was taking pictures didn't cover my right ear well enough and a cannon program at Andersonville last weekend made it hurt and ring all over again. So if you ever make it out to Fort Pulaski to watch the big gun, bring ear protection. Really. I can't even imagine how loud it would be with a full charge and actual round. I think you'd go deaf. After seeing so many cannon programs that I consider myself a conniseur of them, this one was very impressive.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment