Saturday, September 25, 2010

We met President Carter


He was signing books at the Plains Peanut Festival. Eric had to work today, so it was just me and the kids. We did have to stand in a long line and he wasn't personalizing anything. Sam does not believe that this is really Jimmy Carter. I personally thought all the secret service agents were a huge tip toward us actually seeing the real thing. Awyn was a little shy when he offered to shake her hand. I was trying to take lots of pictures, including using my phone, and only got one that turned out. I wish I had the picture of him and Sam and Awyn. I was quickly shooed out by a couple of agents dressed 'folksy'. Wish I had pictures of that too. A little too much gingham and vests doesn't disguise the dress slacks and shoes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment