Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Miles of Milestones


Sam started Pre-Kindergarten on Tuesday. We are thrilled, he seems to love this. I guess I expected to be emotional, but really, he was only a couple of houses away, and it wasn't really any different than taking him to dance, story hour, or a play group. He was ready to go, and we were ready for him to be going. Awyn remains a bit jealous. She already has dance class envy. Poor little girl. Well, her time will come soon enough.

Sam also, for the first time, let me cut his hair without a tantrum, scream, or even a protest. Usually he's crying and saying things like, "scary, scary" the whole time, even with popsicles, candy, massive bribery, and daddy holding him on his lap. It's been so bad in the past that I've actually had to pin him with my legs and shave his head while he screamed bloody murder. Instead, I jokingly asked him if he'd let me cut his hair for some chocolate. He said yes! So I got out a bag of those Hershey's kissables, and fed him a surprisingly small stream of chocolate while he sat there calmly, saying that he wasn't scared, and how he was a big boy. "I'm just not scared." He sat in the chair, letting me spray him with my water bottle, trim with scissors, and then even use the clippers! I need better hair cutting scissors. The giant craft shears are a bit too much for Sam's little head.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment