Sunday, April 16, 2006

On the South Rim

Last Saturday I hiked the South Rim Trail. It's a 13 mile loop through the high Chisos mountains. I've never felt up to it until now, so after 2 years of thinking about it, I just did it. We had a friend visiting from Seattle. Liz flew to the east side of the state, visited some friends and family, and then drove out to Big Bend National Park. We wanted to show her as much of the park as possible. Lucky for us, I'd bought a day of babysitting at a benefit auction around Christmas time and hadn't used it yet. So we left the kids with another family for the day and we all had fun. After our hike, we ate dinner at the lodge, then drove out to the hot spring and soaked our sore muscles for a while before picking up the kids. We had lots of fun visiting with Liz, and I hope she feels up to visiting us again. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment