Monday, April 24, 2006

Maybe I'm a little grumpy

Today I had to work in the morning. That was fun. I like working, and I enjoy my job. But I think maybe I used up my happy pills at the front desk. This afternoon we needed to go to Alpine to get some rather needed groceries. It's been almost a month since we went last, and we were rather out of veggies and fruit and yummy things. I did OK at the grocery store, where minimal niceness was needed. But when I was walking across the parking lot to the Alco (a less than 30 second walk) some lady in her car yelled at me that my baby should be wearing a hat. My response was less than polite. I very snippily told her that I doubted my baby would get a burn or sunstroke inside Alco, where we were heading. Sure, I probably should have had a hat on her bald little head. But that 30 second trip would have been 2 minutes of chase-and-pick-up the hat. So why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment