Friday, May 30, 2008

We're Moved!

We're settling into life in Oklahoma. There are boxes to unpack, and things to rearrange. As you might guess, I've found internet service. There's a downside though - it's an incredibly slow dial-up service, so pictures will be few and far between. My guess is that I'll have to do them at night when I can let the modem chew on them for an hour or so. We do have lots of pictures. I think there are around 350 on the camera waiting to be downloaded.

We've painted and prepped, and the kids love their rooms. We found a can of paint that looked to be the same color as Awyn's very pink/purple room. We decided to paint over the sponge painting on the wall with the window. Turns out the paint was a darker shade of purple. It does match, and looks pretty good, so I added some water to the remnants of the paint, grabbed a sponge, and blended the two colors on the wall opposite of the window. Adding in another color and another layer of sponging really helped. Sam's room is now very blue. I believe the Sherwin William's color is called Danube. I painted the diningroom a pale green (bye bye pink!!!!!!) and the living room an earthy blue that matches the grey/green of the East/West walls. It looks much better with the solid color than with the sponging. We need to hang the drapes back up though. I almost laughed at the Sherwin Williams salesman when he asked me if I wanted a long lasting paint or if I liked to change colors every five years. I didn't tell him I'd never lived in a house for 5 years, so I have no idea. I'm NOT repainting any walls here though - not unless I really, really had to. The walls and ceilings are all textured. It was a PITA to paint them and get full coverage.

There have been many adjustments to our new location. We live almost indecently close to Walmart, Supercenters, and even a Sam's Club. Everything is within a 30-60 minute drive. Heck, it's only 15 minutes to Sonic for ice cream or burgers. Danger, Danger.

I bought a second storage shed/shop building. It needs to be electrified, but it's large and it fits the freezer nicely.

I bought a riding lawnmower. It's large and it's orange, and goes vroom vroom when I play with the throttle. It has a cupholder and came with a little wagon to tow behind it. Haven't mowed the lawn yet. (I need to, but only when Eric's home to watch the kids - despite any pictures posted in the future to the contrary, the kids will not be allowed to drive or ride on the lawnmower for many years - it's basically a 4-wheeler with mowing blades) I did get the mulching kit and still need to attach it. I haven't got a clue how to change the blades though. All the diagrams in the manual have taught me how to change the oil, add gas, and even do basic work on the carbeurator. Woo hoo! But they don't mention changing out the mowing blades. I guess I have to look that up.

I hate how slow our internet service is, so I think I'll be online far, far less than I used to be. It's glacially slow. In fact, it took 30 minutes to load this blog far enough for me to log in, and it won't load all the pictures.

Perhaps tonight we'll figure out how to download the camera and I'll upload a picture or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment