Sunday, September 16, 2007

Big Girl Bed


Awyn has officially graduated to the big girl bed. We were fairly certain she could have climbed out of her crib at any point for the last 9 months, so it came as no surprise that she figured it out. Sam taught her how to climb into the crib; such a short leap of logic to climb back out. She mastered it in the course of about an hour, and the next day Eric took the side off the crib and put on the toddler rails. He's converted this crib a few times and hopes never to need to do so again. We've kept all the pieces - sometime hopefully in the near future when we can get her a real bed I'll find this crib a new home. There are always babies showing up somewhere unexpectedly, and this is a nice crib. Theoretically it converts to a full-sized headboard, albeit an ugly one. Not sure why anyone would bother. Still, it's held up well, not bad for a Wal-mart cheapie. Of course, seeing this crib in toddler-bed form makes me long for the beautiful crib that Alicia gave me. Silly me decided that I couldn't fix it and I gave it to someone else who could.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment