Friday, August 04, 2006

Summer School is Over

After a long month of July, I am finally done with summer school. I enjoyed teaching it again; and I'm also glad it was for only one month. We did indeed make a student newspaper, with students interviewing each other and other people, and writing travel articles on their various vacations. We even had a sports editor writing about baseball, basketball, and his stuffed birds. Most of the kids seemed to really enjoy it, but a couple really hated it as I made them tow the line and keep working. It was an interesting challenge to keep the assignments reasonable for the different grade levels. A surprising number of people wanted copies of the newspaper, so I sent each student two copies. All in all, it was a good experience and I look forward to the possibility of doing it again next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment